Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jotham's Journey

This book is the most amazing advent book I have ever read. It is a story about a little boy, Jotham, and how his life intertwines with the birth of Jesus. It is designed to be read a chapter a day, but we often read ahead because it is incredibly hard to put down! It is pretty intense, so if you have a child that gets scared easily you may want to preview it. But my kids have loved it as young as 5 years old. Before then they weren't afraid of it, just not interested.



It is a great family read-aloud and I wish everyone would get it! You won't regret it. Even though we are several days into advent, you could sit down and read several chapters at once and get caught up.



There are two sequels to the book that I can't wait to get my hands on. Tabitha's Travels and Barthalomew's Passage are supposed to be re-issued next year.

This book is one I know my family will still be reading each year, even when my kids are older.

Get it!

3 comments:

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

I love love all of your ideas! We are going to defiantly try the Polar Express Day! Does it get any better than that? PJ's all day, movie, hot chocolate. Life is good!

I know I've said it over and over....but I LOVE your blogs! And you are defiantly on my "hero's" list! :)

Nicole Knox said...

I love Happy Birthday Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, this book totally changed our Christmas. How awesome is it to totally be saying the messiah is coming tomorrow, and be looking forward to reading the book and the anticipation of Jesus birth. I have been telling everyone about it. Love, love, love, it!!