Thursday, November 13, 2008

Learning "Hullabaloo" style

Have your kids played the Cranium game Hullabaloo? It's a game where you spread out little pads with pictures all over the floor and then listen to the directions of the voice...skip to the picture of the elephant...hop to a picture of food...sneak to a red pad...etc.

Today we played Word Hullabaloo. I wrote words on pieces of paper and we spread them out on the floor, then I gave directions like, "spin to a word that rhymes with hat...walk backward to a word with the same beginning sound as tap...tiptoe to a word with the same vowel sound as dog..." You get the idea. It was fun! It is great for kids who like to be moving while they are learning.


Thank goodness Cole remembered to put on his safety goggles. Good grief, can you imagine the consequences if the eyes weren't protected in a dangerous game like this? Makes me shudder.






Also, please be certain to take time to precisely cut your squares like I did here. Veeery important.



Cole asked if we could do the worm to a word. Absolutely. Break dancing is encouraged as always. Stop. Hammertime.

And of course, Riley requested cartwheels. They are, after all, her reason for living.You could use this game for learning anything that can be written on a piece of paper. Have fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Deleise....what I would have done for someone like you to inspire me and give great ideas when my kids were young.

I'm so glad you're doing this! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

love this! we will definately be doing it!