Thursday, July 24, 2008

Creative writing sample-Tyler

This is an unedited writing sample from a story Tyler is writing (4th grade)


“Sir, you may come in.” the nurse said to a man. The man walked into the delivery room.


Another nurse was standing by a bed in the room, on the bed was a woman covered in a blanket. In her hands there laid a messy, silent baby also wrapped in a blanket. The woman was smiling, looking at the man. The man smiled and walked over to the baby. Then he touched the newborn baby’s head softly.

Then the nurse said, “Let’s clean the blood off the baby and I’ll run some tests on him. And I’m curious about the way he acts. He’s not crying… a-and his, left leg… isn’t moving.

There was a long pause by every one in the room. “Um, I’ll go run some tests on him.” the nurse said smiling and trying not to get the others to worried.


“Yes, just stay here and we’ll be back soon.” the other nurse said gently grabbing the baby from the woman. The two nurses walked out of the room quickly.

Outside the room, the two nurses stopped walking and a nurse said “You know what? I’m not sure but I think he’s paralyzed… the baby I mean.”


“That is just what I was thinking that too” said the nurse holding the baby. “Because he hasn’t moved his left leg. And he has moved his right leg a lot.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You left me hanging!! So is it or isn't it!