Monday, October 20, 2008

More American Girl fun

We are still learning about Colonial Williamsburg with Felicity. I thought we would be moving a bit quicker through these books, but we are taking our time and enjoying them, which is fine with me. I'm not going anywhere. We have learned so much about the late 1700s!

We are loving learning about the Boston Tea Party right now. Riley was definitely surprised to learn what kind of tea party it was.

We made quill pens, just like the ones the girls during Felicity's time used for their school work. It really put some perspective on how much work everything was back then.




We also made Felicity's baked pumpkin pudding, a popular dessert made by the colonists after the Indians introduced them to pumpkins. It was from Felicity's Cookbook.




There is no sugar in this pudding, only molasses. It is really spicy.


Riley is becoming a pro at the egg-cracking business!
This is such a fun way to learn about history, we are loving it!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

What fun! So was it good?

Heather said...

This is so cool! Tell me...are you doing your Felicity stuff in addition to your regular FIAR?

I was thinking of doing some Felicity fun when we row Betsy Ross after Christmas.

Thoughts?

Heather W (FIAR)

Marcie said...

So fun!!! You know, I got an American Girl catalog in the mail a few days ago for some reason. I'm so glad Noah's a boy 'cause I had so much fun looking at all the dolls and accessories in that catalog. A girl could go nuts over all that cute stuff!