Monday, October 27, 2008

Planet Earth- Plains and jungles

We are still doing some science with the Planet Earth DVDs. They are so incredible. We have worked through the oceans, the plains, and are now on Jungles. We took a trip to the zoo with our friends to observe plains and jungle animals and their habitats.








We are making murals for each of the sections of Planet Earth.

This week Garrett and Tyler will finish up some research and Riley and Cole will be reading books about Koko the gorilla who does sign language. We will probably wrap up jungles this week and then decide what section to do next! If you haven't seen these DVDs, you really should try to get your hands on them. You won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Looks like fun! I need to borrow those DVDs from my mom. I gave them to her last Christmas and I don't think she has watched them yet!

Gina said...

We have some books based on the dvds, which I am loving.(Because I always preread!) I did enjoy watching what they had on the discovery channel as well. We're starting a unit on nature after we finish dinosaurs. But dinosaurs are proving to be really more intriguing that I thought they would be!