Monday, October 13, 2008

Yipppeeee!

I get so excited when a big box is on my porch! Last week I placed an order with Homeschool Library Builder. They are so cheap! I got several great condition books for one or two dollars. Some I paid a little more for, but all of them were great prices.


We love these Childhood of Famous American biographies. Exposing our children to greatness through reading biographies about amazing people is one of our educational goals.



I got some Five In A Row books.


I got some science and social studies books that go along with units we will be doing.



Some Henry and Mudge, just cause we like 'em,



Two for our Planet Earth studies (one looks a little old, but I think I paid a dollar for it),






And a couple of classics.


I'm very happy. Does anyone have another favorite cheap used book site?

5 comments:

Nicole Knox said...

We love to read, thanks for the info!

Kelsey said...

Joshua loves Mike Mulligan Steam Shovel. He calls Mike's steam shovel Aunt Mary Ann. :) Looks like an awesome way to buy TONS of books.

Gina said...

Oh girl! You shouldn't have showed me cheap books!

Anonymous said...

I buy stuff used on Amazon. My favorite children's books are by Iza Tripani. She takes children's songs and makes them turn into stories. The illustrations are beautiful too! Probably too young for your guys, but we just love them! We also collect Max Lucado's children books. Great stories! We love books!

Molly said...

One of my favorites is Linda's used books. You can find her here: http://www.doubledouble.net/books.htm
I have been buying from her for years. She has some great prices and will email you when she updates if you sign up.